Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Saab... Le Samourai's Car of Choice

I'm not ashamed to admit it. Despite their image as bland cars for tweedy college professors, I love Saabs. I've loved them ever since reading the first few John Gardner James Bond novels back in the '80s. Now on my third Saab, my love for the quirky Swedish auto has not abated. I look forward to wonderful new things for the company under its new owners, Spyker. Apparently, I'm not the only 007 fan who is also a Saab fan:
A recent poll conducted by CommanderBond.net asked James Bond fans, “Which car from the James Bond novels is your favorite?” From a selection that included an Aston Martin DBIII, a Jaguar XK8, a Porsche Gambella, and four different Bentleys, the surprise winner was a fuel-efficient, mid-priced, Swedish-made “everyday” car, the Saab 900 Turbo.
 Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment